Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pompeii

Wooo, after getting on the wrong train in Napoli (it only went one more stop before I had to get off), I found myself in...POMPEII!

Destroyed by Vesuvius 2000 years ago, it is another big city with a lot of crumbly ruins. Although, there are definitely a lot of renovated and pretty frescoes and architecture around.

So, I wandered around for a long time, took pictures, lots of pictures, but after a while they all started looking the same. I went into some fenced off areas that I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to go into, but hey, there wasn't anybody watching. I thought that maybe they didn't want me to mess up the grass, but if nobody was going in there, who was the grass for?

Picture of me frolicking in said-grass. Yes, I used the timed shoot function. Because I'm alone.


After I came back, I went to dinner at a place next to the one I went to last night. I don't know if they have something against tourists or possibly Asians (a clerk in the subway said Konichiwa to me today), but I got nearly no service. The guy working the door seated me, and from then on, none of the male waiters approached me, except one guy who gave me a menu after a few minutes. Everything else was done by the female hostess who was across from a table from me, so would've seen me the entire time. I thought maybe I was supposed to be more active as a patron, like, flagging down the waiter or something. But other people at least got menus. She came over and I ordered, and she was pretty nice, and I got my food, and I ate it. It was great. I also ordered some wine. I thought I was simply going to get a cup of wine. It turned out I got .375 L of wine, which is a small bottle of wine. It was nice wine. Went down very smoothly. Also, Italian wine is stronger than wine from America that I had before. It is 11% alcohol, while most wines I have seen in America are around 5%. That being said, I'm a little more wined up than I thought I was going to be. That explains this massive paragraph, because people who drink wine don't take time for the Enter button.


Vinum rosso della casa


Penne alla boscaiola



Prosciutto & Mozzarella. Look at that giant ball of mozzarella. MMMMMM



Note: I need to remember to take the picture before I start eating.

Well, time to diddle the hours away until I have to sleep/Go to Firenze/Florence!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment