Sunday, May 23, 2010

More pictures, and Florence

ARROW'D



This guy was playing accordion on the bridge.


The anchovies and bread and potatoes I had at the free wine tasting in Rome.


The Coliseum.


Look at that enormous organ.

So, I took a nice train from Naples to Florence; It was rather expensive at 71 euros (about 100 dollars), but it was a pretty nice train. It had power plugs for every seat, so I could use my computer on the 3 hour train ride. I had to leave my seat at one point because I didn't realize that the tickets had seat numbers on them. I sat next to a lady and her daughter who were from Austin, Texas and both had Amazon Kindles.

Once I got here I tried to figure out how to use the bus system to get closer to the villa I'm staying at, but I gave up after one attempt, and decided to walk it instead. Not a fun time. The bag I'm carrying is very heavy, and it started grinding my shoulder hardcore, but I eventually found I could put my arms through the handles like a bookbag.

I'd heard about the hill leading up to the campus was rough, but I guess it wasn't a whole lot of change from the fact that I was carrying a load of stuff. It was hard either way. But, finally, I got in. No more traveling for...5 weeks or so.

But check out these snazzy closets! It's above my head, but I pull on this handle and it all comes down.

I need to go to the local store and get some shampoo. I kept expecting the hotels to have shampoo, so I haven't washed my hair since I got here, which would be for about 7 days. But there's something weird about the water here that kind of rinsed my hair, made it not feel greasy, but at the same time didn't clean it. I think something about the hardness of the water here.

No comments:

Post a Comment