Friday, May 21, 2010

Napoli/Fun town

So I rode the train into Napoli today. The entire time I was on the train people kept leaving the car I was on and going over to the next one. And my ticket didn't get checked for a very long time. So the entire time I thought I was in some free part of the train while everybody else was going to the nice part of the train that you get for paying.

Naples is definitely not the beautiful tourist spot that Rome is. It's much more "yeah, I'm kind of just a really big urban city that happens to have some nice architecture and churches from a long time ago." It's much more urban.

That being said, it seems to be also a bit more rough and tumble. First thing I saw out of the station was two cops fixing a fight between what looked like a hobo and another guy with a suitcase. Later I saw the tail end of three guys kicking an old woman's umbrella around. They were just yelling at each other after that. Some guy with his girlfriend also slapped the back of my head while I was looking at a street map.

I just kind of walked around and got lost, had some pizza. There are definitely a lot more quiet alleyways around here. Just window shopped at all these small places. Had a pastry.

What sucks is that internet usage at this hotel isn't free, like my Rome hotel. To use it, you have to buy drinks at the bar. So, I'm sitting here drinking a martini just so I can use the internet for an hour. I guess it's not that awful, but I'm going to see if I can figure out how to get the wireless up in my room.

Sessanta-sei.

EDIT: SUCCESS. I have downloaded software to hack the wifi access key and can now use it in my room. Impressionante!

No comments:

Post a Comment